Tips for Preparing for Assessment
Campbell Arnott's partner with SHL solutions for the assessment component of our recruitment process.
For most roles, we utilise the OPQ32; a comprehensive questionnaire, which provides us with detailed information on 32 specific personality dimensions. These dimensions underpin performance on key job competencies in such areas as; conceptual thinking, adaptability, collaboration and achievement orientation.
We may also ask you to complete a series of ability based tests, usually in the form of Numeric and/or Verbal reasoning.
The following website will provide you with an opportunity to sample questions from the SHL suite of products:
The best form of preparation includes:
- Get plenty of rest the night before your assessment.
- If completing an ability based assessment, it may be useful to complete sample questions available on the internet.
- Notify your recruitment associate immediately if you have experienced any health/personal problems prior to completing the assessment, as this is likely to impact on your performance.
- As the SHL program affords you the opportunity to complete the testing from home, ensure your working environment is free from possible distractions and your computer has a secure internet connection.
- Ensure you have the required resources available to you. For example you can utilise a calculator for the numeric portion of the test.